Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Come listen!



 I really look forward to the first weekends in April and October every year. We are fast approaching General Conference and JT and I have been trying to get the twins ready for it.

What is General Conference?
General Conference is a bi-annual worldwide meeting of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Why have General Conference?
We believe that just as in the days of the Bible, God speaks to mankind today through his prophets. This weekend, we look forward in anticipation of hearing the teachings of God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ as delivered through their living prophet today.

What types of things will we hear?
First and foremost, the emphasis will be on our Savior Jesus Christ. We will also hear about prayer, loving one another, faith, baptism, peace, forgiveness, repentance, family, and joy. There will be more topics covered, but we will be tuning in this weekend to find out what they will be.

Why am I posting this and why am I inviting you to come listen?
Imagine if you had a gift that changed your life. This gift brought you joy and meaning. It also made you a better person and opened up endless possibilities of good for your future. Would you want to keep such a gift to yourself?

That is why we share this gospel.
I have a testimony of the reality of my Heavenly Father and his Son, Jesus Christ. I know they love me and that Christ died for me. Because of him, I can be cleansed of my sins and live again with him someday. I know that I matter enough to him to have suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane and then again on the cross. I know that all of you matter to him too. He reaches out for each of us and asks us to believe him. This gospel is one of love. God loves us all. So we ask, come listen to a prophet's voice. Come hear what Christ would say to you right now.  Come and see, and you will feel his Spirit. Come and see, and you will find truth. Just come and see...



No comments:

Post a Comment